Friday, June 20, 2014

Dr Visit #2

Yesterday was our second appointment and was supposed to be the busiest appointment until the last month or so. I expected many tests and questions, but honestly, I don't feel like we did that much.
I was given an exam, a cell sample was taken and I had a breast exam. We listened to the heartbeat and discussed medicines I was taking and genetic disorders. Then before I knew it, I was peeing in a cup and it was over!
The exam part for me was kind of scary because I had actually never had a gynecological exam before. I guess I missed that part of young adulthood somehow. It didn't hurt and it wasn't really uncomfortable--my doctor had a pre-warmed speculum--but I still went home feeling a little...violated. I am trying to reconcile this feeling with the fact that it was a necessary procedure and part of the pregnancy, but I still feel a little off.
Luckily, Gavin is very sweet and has been so supportive. He has been with me at almost every doctor appointment so far and has plans to keep coming. :)
My next appointment is in about 4 weeks and it'll be right after the baby shower. We PROBABLY won't be able to tell if it's a male or female yet, but I'm not worried about it. I'm excited to see how much our baby has grown.

No comments:

Post a Comment