Sunday, August 2, 2015

7 months!

I know I just posted about my PPD/A, but I figured I would balance out the serious with a happy post.
Evelyn has been making great strides lately, including learning to crawl, pulling up/climbing and standing while holding onto things. It is insane how much she has accomplished in the last couple of weeks.
She enjoyed the playground even though she's still too little to really ride the slide.
We've been trying to live cheaply because that will help me stay home with her longer, so our adventures have been to museums and parks lately. Whenever we visit a museum, aquarium or what have you, we keep an eye out for cool patches for the Ergo. She has quite a few so far and we're running out of room to sew them on, so pretty soon we might have to find her something else to put them on. 
This past week or so, Evie has entered into leap 6, which basically means she's become a velcro baby. She can't be out of eyesight at all and most of the time has to be within reach or actually attached to me. Babywearing makes my life so much easier, but this is still tough.
We've been reading Evie books every night before bed. She gets a few board books or a couple big stories and the last few nights we've been reading her a book on animals in the Pacific Northwest. She doesn't yet pay much attention to them, mostly she tries to eat them, but even so it is a fun settling activity. 
Evie now has 3 teeth. Oddly enough her 3rd tooth is one of the top lateral incisors (tooth beside the front two). She uses it to bite hard on my nipples, fingers, dad's hands and baby carrots. She thinks its hilarious when I cry out in pain. 
Her "show off" skills include:
  • shaking her head "no" almost on command
  • clapping
  • crawling
  • bouncing on her butt to her hands and knees
  • high fives



She's not quite grasped the concept of giving kisses, but daddy taught her to bop heads as a greeting, so maybe that counts for something. 
We've been going back and forth with table food, letting her try some of what we eat (Baby Led Weaning) and then also offering her some purees. She is only mildly interested in those. Mostly she would prefer BLW, but I am a nervous Nelly and I am just not organized enough to nurse between cooking and eating without our food getting cold. That sounds like an excuse and probably is. I'm not quite ready to not be Evie's sole source of nutrition! My body makes the perfect food and what if I don't do so great at making table food meals for her!? I'm a mess, I know. 
Evie's favorite pastime is chasing the cat around the room. And by chasing I mean the cat sprawls a few feet ahead of her, she crawls to the kitty and just as she's reaching out to grab a tail or a paw or a bunch of fur, kitty moves another couple feet ahead. It's quite entertaining and I'm very impressed at the cat's calmness around Evie. It should go without saying that they are always supervised. 
Evie's favorite toys right now are a FP remote that sings a creepy song, her rainbow donut stacker, a fox clip-on rattle, the manta ray her Aunt Aurora bought from the VA Aquarium and (as always) her Pink Bunny. 
On Tuesday Evie will see her physical therapist for hopefully one of the last times. I can't wait to hear what they have to say about how far she's come! :)
Here are some more photos to keep you in the loop. Thanks for reading!
Arm Day at the playground :)

Celebrating 7 months of awesomeness

Being a pirate at the History Museum

Sometimes the used bookstore has boxes of rad toys!

Okay I guess sometimes she pays atention

Big whisk takers.

Happy Breastfeeding Awareness Week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment