Thursday, August 20, 2015

Some time to write

It's getting more and more difficult to find the time to sit and write out a post. Evelyn is on the move these days, crawling up on all fours and making good time of it as well. She is getting into everything and chasing the cat all over the house.
I look back with misty eyes on those early days when she would nap on the bed all swaddled up in a blanket. Earlier this week Evie took her first tumble off the bed while I washed dishes. She'd kept me trapped for two hours while she napped and finally I managed to slip out from under her. Ten minutes into the third hour she must have awoken and instead of crying for me to rescue her from the pillow wall, she attempted to scale it. She landed solidly on her back, so no harm was done and not even a bump to the ol' noggin. But her pride was bruised, so of course Mommy Snuggles were necessary. I've learned I can no longer leave her asleep on the bed.
Some other changes we've noticed are:

  • She will no longer go to everyone. Particularly my father and stepfather. They both get the stinky eye and the big cry if they pick her up. She still loves her Mummum (my grandmother) though.
  • She's not as big a fan of the car anymore. We recently discovered her car seat was not in the correct location (oops, use this as a reminder to READ YOUR MANUALS!). After moving it to one side of the car, she no longer has the direct line of sight to us through the mirror. It makes for some rough nights if we stay out too late. 
  • She's sensitive to some sounds. None of the usual ones (fireworks, thunder, etc) but things like a drill or the dog whimpering make her cry. Sorry Boo.
  • She is not my super-all-the-time-happy baby! She's taken to whining whenever I am trying to do anything that doesn't involve her. Talking to my friends, eating soup, typing blog posts all fall into this category.
So life is definitely becoming a bit more challenging. Gavin's mom is in the hospital right now for unknown reasons, so we're going to go down to Charlotte to help take care of things while she's laid up. I'm hoping the change in scenery wont throw us off too much. 
And since I can't remember if I mentioned it last post, Evie has 2 lateral incisors in addition to her two bottom front teeth. She looks like a goofy little vampire and I love it. :) 
Here are some photos to catch up:

Daddy and Evie at the park

Turns out she loves splashing her feet in water


Pond? YES PLEASE


Grandma and Grandpa

At the airport on the kiddie runway with Daddy

Mommy and Evie on the Observation Deck

Evie's pal at the kiddie runway

Evie loves trees

No comments:

Post a Comment